Notices

courtesy light

Old 05-26-2009, 01:07 PM
941crx
junkyard junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default courtesy light

Ok, so I've been toying with an idea to add a few small white leds in the front of the car (interior obviously) and wanted them to come on when the dome light is turned on, or if I have it set so the dome light comes on when the doors open to do the same. Anyone have any ideas on how to go about this? I know I need to add a fuse some where in there but its more of which wires to tap into etc, thanks.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 PM
shorty_boy

Default I have the rear interior removed...

But it is raining right now so a can't really look at it (I'll check tomorrow after work). If you remove the carpet along the doors, there is a section of conduit right on top of your fuel lines. Follow them to your fuse box under the steering column and just tap into those. The wires for the door open/close switch run thru that conduit.

Keep in mind that most LEDs are rated at 5 volts max, so you will ether need to connect a resistor to the + lead of each resistor with their own separate loops, or make on separate loop that taps into your dome line with the proper resistor to step it down to 5 volts (or whatever your LEDs are rated for).
Old 06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

I've been thinking of doing something like this. When I go to the junkyards I look for a donor car that has some that I like, so far haven't found what I like. I did the same thing for my maplights, and looks stock installed in my car