Notices

Where do you get your Genuine/OEM Honda Parts?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:49 PM
shorty_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you get your Genuine/OEM Honda Parts?

Where do you guys shop for Honda OEM and/or Genuine parts? Betsie is pushing 185k miles and she needs a little engine work done. I'm trying to find a reliable, but cheaper than the stealership source for Honda parts or those of the same quality.

I'm in need of a new oil pan ( jiffy lube guy stripped it when my girl took the car in to get the oil changed,) head gasket, egr valve + gasket, timing belt, engine seals, and exhaust manifold + associated bits. Please, before anyone says that I don't need to spend that money on a worthless engine, please be advised that I like my pseudo-echo beater and the 45-50 mpg that she still gets is light on my pocket.

Since she is getting old in age and has so many miles, I wanna take her apart and look in the inside to see if some of the internals look good as well. Basically, I want to rebuild her over time, but right now, these things need to be changed 'cause I just moved to Northern Va, and I won't pass inspection/emissions without the above done now.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:01 PM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

Ok the money that ur going to spend on that crap u can just get a stock replacement for it so u keep what u want just not going to have to pay for all that labor
Old 05-17-2009, 12:48 PM
shorty_boy

Default Yeah...

I really like the gas mileage that I get from my current engine.

I was looking at a D-series DOHC drop in replacement also just because the amount in parts is around 1200 USD. I figured that if I keep my trans, that it will help preserve that good gas mileage. Keep in mind that I am not trying to race her, just trying to keep it on the road.

It seems that no one uses Honda Genuine parts anymore. Guess I'm going to have to embrace the aftermarket love with a new engine. :bowdown:
Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
bodug60

A buddy of mine just picked up some OEM parts on E-bay. I'm not a bif fan, but you could like there.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com any oem part you need at a discount price. its where i get everything for my hatch
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
jerseymike68

these are nice sources
Old 10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
mason rocket
my 2 cense

online auto salvage yards.... finding a decent one takes some effort and getting the proper replacement part can be a crap shoot sometimes. some of those places try to gouge you so if its too expensive go elsewhere.