Notices

d16a internals

Old 01-19-2003, 07:26 PM
firstgencrxsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16a internals

I have a d16a from an 87 Integra and I'm swapping it into my 86 CRX Si. Before I can do that I need to either fix the cranckshaft snout (the keyway for the pulley is chipped badly) or just replace the crank. If I replace the crank, which is the most likely route, I'm wanting to rebuild the motor for high boost. I allready have a turbo that I'm rebuilding. I can't seem to find any internals for the teg motor except for some Crower or Manley rods and a couple of cams. Does anyone know where I can get some parts? I'm wanting to run along the lines of 12-14 psi safely (or more if possible). Any info will help.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:23 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to get first gen integra engine parts pretty readily in the US. It doesn't have quite the same "unique" parts as the ZC, so a trip or two to the junkyard can get you a decent crank, and as far as sleeves and pistons go, I would suggest going to honda first and seeing how much they will smack your wallet for on pistons. From there you can look around online for some ZC cylinder sleeves and have them put in and bored to your piston size.