Notices

Limp mode!!!!! Help!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 AM
vigalantyvillan
Emo hunting Crx driver!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp mode!!!!! Help!!!!

Okay so here goes, I have a B18C1 running on a P28 GSR ECU. The engine is in my 88 CRX Si, it has a stock harness with Rywire distributor obd1-obd0 conversion and a ECU jumper harness. I blew a head gasket awhile back and lost a lot of oil so i think the ECU went into LIMP mode with the lost of oil pressure. I have since replaced the distributor, head gasket, and spark plugs. The compression is 190 psi in all four cylinders, the plugs are stock NGK PFR6G-13 with a .052 gap, the spark from the distributor is good and oil level is topped. Im pushing 43.5 psi of fuel to the rail im getting good combustion however the car will not REV past 3500 rpms. Ive unhooked all the main fuses ecu, main, battery etc. even unplugged the ECU and battery then reinstalled everything and still the car is stuck in LIMP. I even went as far as buy a new P28 and still the car is in LIMP. From what Ive read it could be a bad map or O2 sensor but Im not sure no one seems to know exactly what to do with a LIMP mode. Any help would be awesome!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM
shorty_boy

Default Cel?

Is your ecu throwing any codes? That would be the first place to look.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
vigalantyvillan
Emo hunting Crx driver!

Originally Posted by shorty_boy
Is your- ecu throwing any codes? That would be the first place to look.
Yes it is throwing a "one" which in the 94-00 Acura Integra Haynes manual it says to replace the ECU. I have two new P28s and each worked prior to the head gasket, so im thinking there might be something up with the jumper harness Im currently looking into that.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
vigalantyvillan
Emo hunting Crx driver!

UPDATE
So I guess the 88 Crx Si has two different wiring harness and I just happened to have the later year harness when I needed the earlier. Thanks for the help car runs now just some minor details to work out:blue: