Notices

91 CRX Si Special Edition w/ 93 Integ GSR motor - Carputer and Hondata done!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
TRLMech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 CRX Si Special Edition w/ 93 Integ GSR motor - Carputer and Hondata done!

After 1 year of planning, parts gathering, and 1 year of actually fabricating and assembly, I'm finally finished installing my carputer and hondata.

I custom fabricated the computer box, using sheet metal and aluminum, inside is an ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard with integrated NVIDEA geforce graphics card and AMD Athlon 64 cpu.

I mounted an 8.4in TFT LCD monitor where the center dash vents were, relocated my climate controls, radio and cigar lighter socket in order to accomadate the screen, and also fabricated the LCD screen bezel and screen controls out of fiberglass.

Unfortunately, the monitor isn't touchscreen, so i had to mount a USB touchpad for pointer control and i have a mini illuminated keyboard stashed in the glovebox.

GPS reciever is Microsoft, and Streets and Trips 2009, if anyone has access to a Garmin PC software or TomTom, let me know, as i am interested.

Finally, I installed Hondata S300 engine management computer to interface with my carputer so i can tune my GSR engine.

I've got a few pics of the build, your input and opinions are welcome. I'm new at Hondata, so if you have any experience, i'd love your help. It came with a basemap calibration for my ECU (P61), I am wondering what the calibration is for, and what it does. how is it different than my current stock engine configuration?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG00110.jpg (209.5 KB, 32 views)
IMG00130.jpg (240.7 KB, 24 views)
IMG00141.jpg (250.8 KB, 21 views)
IMG00142.jpg (241.5 KB, 15 views)
IMG00157.jpg (227.9 KB, 14 views)
IMG00185.jpg (183.9 KB, 17 views)
IMG00211.jpg (152.7 KB, 16 views)
IMG00218.jpg (134.4 KB, 16 views)
IMG00279.jpg (238.4 KB, 19 views)
IMG00252.jpg (267.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
thetunersource

OMG! Look at you man. Congrats on the awesomeness of your car!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
TRLMech

Thanks very much Do you have any experience with tuning or hondata? I'd love some help, hints, tips if you got any.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Looks good.

I've been brainstorming on wanting to do the exact same thing. I just wonder if I could really do without the air vents. Props on actually getting it done and working.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
TRLMech

Deletion of the center air vents was pretty easy, and blocking off the vent passage was done with some cardboard and some spray foam sealer. I still have the two outer vents now, so far so good, they have been enough to keep me warm this winter. I also thought of cutting a hole just the the right of the screen and splicing in another air vent, but so far i haven't needed to.

I ordered a touchscreen overlay for my screen to add touchscreen capability. It was only around 40 british pounds (about 80 bucks canadian) since i found using the usb touchpad a little cumbersome while driving. I'm going to keep the touchpad as a backup, but when i've installed the overlay i'll post how it works. I bought the screen from this company (http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=11275)

It will be delivered in a few days. Anyone can recommend a good PC navigation software? I find MS Streets and Trips to be a little hard to use at times.

I'm willing to give tips and solutions to anyone planning to install a carputer in their crx, so ask away and i'll help as best as i can.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

I'm not concerned with putting together a carputer, just the idea of the placement of a touchscreen like you did. I think what I'd like to do is use a laptop whenever I get in the car and use the installed touchscreen as a second monitor. This way I can play movies, mp3's, and use wifi for internet/skype. I may hold off on that to pursue an idea I have for a Del Sol that I hope to get to in the next 3 years.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:16 PM
TRLMech

Thats a great idea! Before I installed the carputer, i had built a mount for my laptop computer in my glovebox, but i found it was a bit of a hassle to install the laptop computer and take it out everytime i got out of the car. But it definately will work, show us some pictures when you get it done
Old 03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Da1andonlyjinx

That's freakin hawt. Way to go man, way to go!