Notices

Honda Civic Lsi 92 Running problems?

Old 12-31-2008, 03:55 PM
christopher_jb_lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Civic Lsi 92 Running problems?

I have a honda civic lsi Auto 1992 that starts and idles pretty low at times but ive adjusted the idle speed and its now running at min 1000rpm so thats ok. However when the car starts its spitts with sudden loss of power. I learnt to cope with it and it would drive however when its starts to drive you can put the foot to the floor and it will hesitate when moving and will struggle to change gear and increase power and eventually will cut out.

There is also a burbling noise from the exhaust but thats been checked for holes and its air tight. Could the catalytic convertor be dead making me lose power and chocking the engine causing it to cut out?

I have checked so many things on the car! replaced the injectors, spark plugs, battery, coolant system has been changed, fuel pumps turning on.

I had run her out of fuel and havent checked the fuel filter! i shall do this.

Does anyone know why my car worked perfectly and then one day just stopped?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:16 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

My guess is your distributor "which is a known problem for that year civic"
check your cap and rotor to see if there is any rust inside yor cap are rotor damage.

Last edited by hitman619; 01-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

This is a pre 92 forum mods please move.....
Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 PM
gingas

Agree & what is a LSI?
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 AM
cruzalekz

you could check if your cat is plugged but the tool is around 60 bucks at matco what i would suggest is to get the cat replaced and see what happens.

or maybe, if your cat is oem, just unbolt it and let it run. it will be lound but you will get the answer on your muffler question.

the other guy is also right about the distributor, if you have carbon build-up or water deposit inside the distributor, it will ark to other contacts and actually firing up the wrong cylinder which we know could be in any position.

do you have a check engine light? just curious if you got a cam position sensor code.

your idle problem could be just as simple as a dirty throttle plate. clean that too.