Notices

90-91 crx wiring harness in a 89 crx?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90-91 crx wiring harness in a 89 crx?

Hey guys, just like the question says... The actual wiring harness I need is the one that has the passenger side headlight, turn light, cornerlight and horn plugs and wires running through it. ALL the wires leading to the passenger lights were burnt and melted together a couple years back (somehow the car doesn't short out lol).
It's not a major concern for me, because I rigged it so the passenger headlight and cornerlight run off the same power as the driver's headlight, and the passenger front turn signal is powered by the rear left turn signal.. I know, ghetto, but I didn't have money or time on my hands then, but now I do, plus I have another car to drive while I fix this one.
My concern is that the harness that these wires are attached to lead into the main body harness (which i don't know what to call it except for that) which runs through the front of the car and mates up to the main engine harness via a plug... Is this particular harness different from year to year? Will I have to make modifications for this harness to work properly? Or will installation go without any hitches? Thanks for the help in advance.

BTW, the donor car is either a 90-91 crx si or dx i think since it has a d16a6 in it.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit - The donor car is a 90 dx, it has a d15b2 in it.