Notices

C.A.R.B. compliance

Old 08-06-2007, 02:14 PM
fellfrosch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C.A.R.B. compliance

My car was stolen and the tow truck driver royally screwed my exhaust system (the car was too low without wheels and hit hard, bending the muffler, as well as the mating point where the down pipe meets the cat). So now i am shopping around for replacement parts. I saw one on Kragens website that was selling for half the price of the one i found on autozones website. autozone lists it's cats as CARB compliant, however kragen doesnt give much detail at all. So i called kragen and they gave me the number to the company that makes that cat. It's made by MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust. Well i called them and they said that it didnt need to be CARB compliant/exempt as its pre OBDII (pre 1996). Has anyone ever heard this before? I do want to pay $100+ less, but i dont want to end up having to buy another one later if i find out that it has to be CARB exempt/compliant...

I just dont have the money for this.. If i could just find the @$$'$ that stole my car... n/m.. I'd probibly just go to jail...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would venture to guess that all catalytic converters are CARB compliant. I will also say that not all of them are created equal either. For your budget, just get a cheapie for now and it should probably last a couple years at least. When your financial standing has improved, only then should you consider the high quality performance upgrades.