Notices

help with color choices

Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 PM
fellfrosch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with color choices

Eventually i am going to paint my crx. just have to work out all the damn dings in it first.. however, i want to primer it after i bondo up the dings.

I want to paint my crx some version of white. I was/am thinking about pearl white, but i dunno. SO... my questions are as follows.
If i want to pre primer my car to keep it a little protected, what color shoudl i use since i want it to be a white car?
Any suggestions on what version of white i should paint it?
Does anyone know of the best place to sample paint colors?
and my last question, there are hex codes for all colors right? if so, can i find a color i like, and just tell any paint/body shop that code and they can know the color i want?

If anyone has any good pics of white crx's, I'd be glad to look them over =-)

Thanks for any help.

Daniel
Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Do a Google search 'white crx', then click on images at the top.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I wouldn't count on a universal hex code for all colors and all makes.

Take a look at the paint code chart we've posted in the Integra FAQ thread.
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...75&postcount=9

Assuming you'd like to use an OEM Honda paint color, the chart will give you the paint codes for all the colors used on the 94-01 Integra.

IMO, Championship White (from the Integra Type R) would work quite well on a CRX.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
fellfrosch

thanks TheOtherDave™. i actually found a white crx online that was painted championship white and from what i can tell it doesnt look bad. Might be my choice =-)

The pics are of a crx i found on craigslist a while back. i liked the look of it (the color) so in all it's what i'd like to paint it, but he never responded to my questions about what exact color it was. lol. oh well.

one add-on question. should i bother putting any primer on my car before i take it in to get it painted? I dont drive it (and if i do, it's just for 5 miles to my g/f's house to work on my car in her garage). The only thing is I do not have it in a garage except for while i am working on it so it is exposed to the outside conditions (although, it being CA, not much other than sun). If i should (even if it's jsut to be removed by whatever shop i end up taking it to), what color should i primer the spots i am repairing?