Notices

upper lower strut bar f/b install

Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM
jelma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upper lower strut bar f/b install

AARRGGHHHH
I purchased a complete set of skunk2 upper and lower tower strut bars. I need help in figuring out where they go on my car. If jacking the car up is necessary, where is the best center point to use? Pictures of anyone else's install would be helpful. It appears the front upper strut bar will interfere with my cold air intake. I am a novice but want to improve my car's stiffness, and handling. I intend to add full coilovers and a zc upgrade, while replacing the wheel hubs and rear brakes to integra 90-93 discs. Thank you for your help.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
theleprechaun

Default first thing

what model/year is ur car

second do you have any kind of manual, Honda/Haynes/ect those will gie you a fairly good idea of where your looking. And yes you have to jack up the car., you'll also need to support the system as you swap pieces.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 AM
jelma

my car is a honda 1988 crx... what i am really looking for is a pic of which one the lower one in the rear is vs.. the upper rear one...thanks for your help
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

If you are installing the rear why are you concerned about your intake? Your post is confusing!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Civic/DX

I have a pilot cold air intake and strut braces front and rear with no problem. I didn't go with the bottoms. But I did buy the rear strut brace first thinking it was for the front 'cause the web site I bought from didn't make it clear. But once I figured it out everything went smoothly and it makes a hellava diffenrence with dirving performance. Good luck.