Notices

donk having some problems lol 89 si

Old 05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
cheeseburger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default donk having some problems lol 89 si

the car has let me down 3 times now but this time on the way to school.. it runs fine but every know and then it doesnt want to start.. today i drove it and got gas but it wouldn't start back up after i got gas... i let it sit untill after school and it fired right up.. anyone have any clues? it's turning over fine and not getting hot..
Old 05-29-2007, 05:26 PM
daddiodanger
bad mo fo

is it throwing any codes??
Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
cheeseburger

i've had a engine light on ever since i bought it.. the guy said it was from the engine swap it's got a zc jdm.... i haven't driven it enough to get it checked and it ran fine so i wasn't worried at first...
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
ChrisS

Where your passenger's feet rest, pull back the carpet, and look at the little window on the ECU. Count the flashes. (example: blink, blink, blink, pause, blink, blink, pause, 3 blinks, pause, 2 blinks, pause... = code 3 and code 2)

I've had the same problem of not starting after a short period of being turned off. (normally, only on over 90 degree F days; but, only once or twice a year)

This problem has been discussed before on this forum. (do a search) It might be a main relay problem.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:05 PM
cheeseburger

Originally Posted by ChrisS
Where your passenger's feet rest, pull back the carpet, and look at the little window on the ECU. Count the flashes. (example: blink, blink, blink, pause, blink, blink, pause, 3 blinks, pause, 2 blinks, pause... = code 3 and code 2)

I've had the same problem of not starting after a short period of being turned off. (normally, only on over 90 degree F days; but, only once or twice a year)

This problem has been discussed before on this forum. (do a search) It might be a main relay problem.
thanks i'll try that ... my buddy told me about a little box by your left foot that messed up on his and last time the car did it to me i did as he said to do and sqeezed and jiggled it and my car fired right up and haven't had any more problems since... so i don't know..