Notices

engine swapped, now no fuel?

Old 03-24-2007, 08:22 PM
91civicse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swapped, now no fuel?

I just swapped out a 91 d15b2 for another 91 d15b2, now the problem is that now i dont have any fuel. the fuel pump worked perfect before the swap but know it wont turn on, we checked the fuel relay and its working. now there may be a blown fuse but i dont know where it would be, we checked all that we could find and they all are ok. now the car does turn over and if gas is poured down the throttle body it starts and runs as long as gas is poured in. so i guess i know the problem is that the fuel pump wont turn on, but it was in perfect working order, and the relay is fine. so if any one knows what else could be wrong and point me in the right direction that would be great, i need this car on the road, tired of bumming rides
Old 03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
91civicse

Well i found out the issue, after going over everything multiple times, we finally found one little ground wire that was buried in the wire harness that never got grounded. We only found it cuz we ran our fingers across the bottom of the entire wire harness till something came loose. so yes not that anyone is really concerned but the civic is now up and running. on a side note we decided to tare the old engine apart and see what caused one of the cylinders to loose all compression, well it turned out one of the exhaust valves blew up and there were shavings the cylinder and the walls got scored up pretty bad. dunno what happened but new engine was only $100 Canadian. sorry for the long pointless post, just excited that the car is back on the road.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 AM
theleprechaun

Default It's these that help

If nothing else your post will help some other poor soul solve their problems so props for posting your solution
Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 AM
shorty_boy

agreed