Notices

D16A6 Cylinder Head Questions...

Old 02-07-2007, 08:58 AM
89D15CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16A6 Cylinder Head Questions...

I have a D16A6 head and I JUST got it back from the rebuilders. It's been decked .008" and it's almost ready for installation. He removed ALL carbon deposits and grease from the head, ported the exhaust and intake ports, shaved the valve seats, removed all carbon deposits and polished the valves, installed new valve seals and pressure tested the head for $227.90. He told me that I need to get a few cetain seals. My question is is what are they called? They are underneath the bearing caps for the camshaft and they are o-rings. He told me that I can order them from Honda but if anyone knows if I can get them from any parts stores, that would be great. Save me some time and money. They seal off the oil from the spark plug holes (not from the valve cover of course). If anyone can help me that would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

it will be in a valve cover gasket kit. there not very expensivei think there like 17 bux for the kit from advance autoparts, maybe less.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...DER+HEAD+COVER
i think u want no.3
Old 02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
ChrisS

Default re: D16A6 cylinder head questions

It's actually three standard o-rings and a single figure-eight ring. (be careful when putting them in; they sometime move and get squished) I went to the honda dealer for them.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
o-rings.gif (21.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Originally Posted by ChrisS
It's actually three standard o-rings and a single figure-eight ring. (be careful when putting them in; they sometime move and get squished) I went to the honda dealer for them.
oh damn, i was thinking of the wrong one