Notices

boost d15

Old 12-31-2006, 01:47 PM
mikeenzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost d15

i have a 1991 civic hb with d15 4speed manual, i want to boost it, brought the whole turbo kit and everything already, but cant find a intake manifold that would fit without having to mess with the wiring ,because i just realized i didnt have a fuel rail and injectors its carburated , i want to keep the d15 because i want the car to stay the way it came , i just want a little more power, i want to know if theres another d series out there that i can get that setup from. ive searched the internet and i can only find them for 92 and up.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:43 PM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

Originally Posted by mikeenzo
i have a 1991 civic hb with d15 4speed manual, i want to boost it, brought the whole turbo kit and everything already, but cant find a intake manifold that would fit without having to mess with the wiring ,because i just realized i didnt have a fuel rail and injectors its carburated , i want to keep the d15 because i want the car to stay the way it came , i just want a little more power, i want to know if theres another d series out there that i can get that setup from. ive searched the internet and i can only find them for 92 and up.
i have a 1991 civic si and u can turbo it because of the compresion i was told that from the guy i bought it its a d16a6
Old 12-31-2006, 06:17 PM
18crx
stock booster

you can turbo it you need to do a mulit point conversion which is a diff manifold and wires with a fuel rail and then injectors. and dizy. ecu.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 PM
fortunesk89
CRX/INTEGRA member

its not carbed but i seems like that, theres fuel injectors, you could choose to run like an extra mega injector for extra fuel that would be the easy way
Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
pinkb18crx
Mr. Honda

save yourself lots of hassles and buy a d16 atleast...the d15 rods are like toothpicks and you wont be able to run more then 5-7lbs safely. Convert to MPFI it can all be found on 88-91 Civic si, ex and crx HF's. If you want to go fast dont bother with the stock DPFI that you have inherited...The 4speed will be alright if your going to run boost due to that long ass gearing, if you want to go 5speed look into a DX trans, the si will work too but your going to have a little less gear and with boost sometimes that hurts more then helps unless its a full fledge 1/4 mile car.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by fortunesk89
its not carbed but i seems like that, theres fuel injectors, you could choose to run like an extra mega injector for extra fuel that would be the easy way
no that would be the stupid half assed way
Old 01-07-2007, 08:20 PM
rallypoint_1

NO! Dont do it. Your wasting time and most important money. Go for an engine swap with trans. The gearing in the 4spd are sooooooo long that when your are winding out 2nd gear the other guy next to you is in third and pulling away. I should know my ef came with that stock set up. Not anymore! If anything change just the trans alone and you will be surprised how that 4spd sucks! Great on gas but on fun.