Notices

90-91 rex taillights on my 89 betsie

Old 09-18-2006, 07:07 AM
shorty_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90-91 rex taillights on my 89 betsie

I did some searching and i found out that they will bolt on, however the plugs are different!?
I need some help on this 'cause 1.) these damned lights for CRXs are hard to find, 2.) i got a ticket for having a busted taillight eventhough it's taped up (Thank you Orange County/Orlando for being Arse holes). So now i have a 71.50 dollar ticket and i am trying to fight it. One of our UCF police officers said that if i replace it and have proof of it, then the judge will mostlikely drop it.

This is where you guys come in. I really don't like the gay altezza lights and i want the stock stuff, unless i can get the CRX VTEC lights (the one with the rear fog light) so when i come across a rex with lights, i won't have to worry too much if they will work or not. I have about 24 days left to find them.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:16 AM
MTEng

Originally Posted by shorty_boy
I did some searching and i found out that they will bolt on, however the plugs are different!?
If that's the case, you should be able to swap the connectors from your stock lights over to the new lights.... I would assume. As long as they physically fit the car you should be good to go. Just remove the wires from the connectors and re-insert them in the connectors you remove from your stock lights. Do one side at a time so you always have a reference.

I have an 88-91 Helm manual and an ETM if you need any wiring diagrams posted. Let me know.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

That is correct... Simply use your wiring harnesses from your old lights...
Old 10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
shorty_boy

Default thank you

i have been hella busy, thanks, i'll look into then cause my whole rear light assembly is starting to fall apart. The autozone tape can only do soo much.