Notices

Question on mounting B16A2?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Som1Dies2Nite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on mounting B16A2?

Brother has the engine and tranny mounted but he couldnt get the front mount to line up on the crossmember. What could be wrong? He bought the mounts off a cousin that had a B16/LS tranny in 90 HB and said my cousin wasnt using the front mount.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
anthony12389

u need to get a rear mount.. i have a b16a2 in my crx, it has a gsr tranny tho but all b series match up.. instead of a front motor/tranny mount like d series use, a b series use a rear motor/tranny mount onto the rear cross member.. i hope this helps u an that i read ur question right.. if ur cousin wasnt usin a front or rear mount he prooly had a lot of engine movement in the bay, so most likely he had a rear mount.. one of the bolts in the rear mount are gonna be hard to get to, make sure u take the time an do it right an make sure it is tight.. the ppl who installed my motor did not tighten it good enough an the bolts pulled through the cross member, so i had to get a new rear cross member.. if u cant get it tight keep trying or go to a professional for that mount, dont say oh well its enough or it will break or pull through.. just my experience
Old 09-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Som1Dies2Nite

Thats what i needed to know.