Notices

need help on my new project! PROJECT EF

Old 06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
latinracerct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on my new project! PROJECT EF

this is the car i just picked up 1991 honda civic dx 4 speed. heres the deal i want suggestions, links, and or pics of things done and things i can do to this like swaps etc...... also wanna jdm the outside let me know guys i know most of you know what you do and are good at it thanks for your time and effort btw my 94 auto bubble is for sale or trade...... check pics and let me KNOW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
andys car 004.jpg (82.6 KB, 386 views)
titos car 017.jpg (94.1 KB, 421 views)
titos car 015.jpg (98.4 KB, 449 views)
my car.jpg (44.7 KB, 376 views)
my car 2.jpg (46.2 KB, 365 views)
Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

nice car but i'd keep the eg instead. i own an ef and so does my buddy and we've gone through plenty of swaps. basically if you have time, money and skills you can put any b/k series motor in there, although i must stress that some will take alot more work than others... these are very tight cars when it comes to swaps, my buddy just put a turbo kit on his ls/b16 swap and we had to relocate the radiator and stuff, so think about that type of stuff if thats what you have planned for the future. The JDM look is played out to be honest, judging by the look of your car it seems pretty clean, you should keep it that way and find yourself a lip kit and nice rims to accent the exterior. oh and do an si mpfi swap on that thing asap lol the factory 90 hp is :ghey:
Old 06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
latinracerct

cool what do i do swap the whole si motor do i change the harness or wut
Old 06-21-2006, 11:19 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

depends on what year the motor is and which on board diagnostics (obd) it is. obd0 will be the easiest choice for this car because there is not as much stuff to switch up than an obd1 or 2. I've heard of some people taking the factory harness and just adding the vtec wires and the wires for the 4 injectors to go dpfi to mpfi, and use that for b series swaps. ecu will be needed as well and possibly some mounts , my buddy had to get hasport mounts to get the ls to sit right in his ef, but he barely has any space, which is why i said they are tight cars. There are plenty of threads already covering all this, just search the pre-92 section.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
latinracerct

aiight will do btw i have those mounts already planned ahead in case any other advice i appreciate
Old 06-22-2006, 09:38 AM
latinracerct

also what if i were to put a 92-95 civic half radiator to be able to install the turbo kit cuz i wanna go ls turbo!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:58 AM
jlicrx

Originally Posted by 90CvcDX
oh and do an si mpfi swap on that thing asap lol the factory 90 hp is :ghey:
i believe his car is not a DX but is in fact a STD model (only model with 4-speed) in which case it would have a D15B1 engine which is only 70hp
Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Well personally (as much as I love EFs) Id keep the EG, swap back to the OEM tails (those are :ghey, different wheels, and do a 5 speed swap...

But as for the EF, its the same engine bay as the CRX, and the CRX can take just about any Honda engine worth swapping... It just depends on how your going to use the car, and more importantly, your budget... For exteior mods of the JDM kind, theres the JDM front end which looks sick on the EF hatchs, theres the JDM tails, JDM side markers, various wings, and plenty more...

Originally Posted by jlicrx
i believe his car is not a DX but is in fact a STD model (only model with 4-speed) in which case it would have a D15B1 engine which is only 70hp

I dunno, I dont think the STDs came with a right hand side mirror... Tho it could always be added... The only real way to tell is with the engine code, or too see the interior... The STDs where as basic as it gets, and definately noticable inside...

Last edited by Exempt; 06-22-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:10 AM
latinracerct

i got the eg as is i dont know how hard it is to do the 5 speed swap but if i do that ill stay with it but i just wanna do something new this is my 4th eg
Old 06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Where are u located and how much are u asking for the EG? (not to turn this into a for sale thread, u should make a new one int he proper section ofcourse)