Notices

Need an idea of the stats of this car....

Old 09-21-2002, 02:43 PM
excitid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much is that one it seems to be a better buy then the last one. Prices make such a difference in our hobby. If you spend thousands you will never get that money back and alot of people try to get what they paid and try to get back labor cost and shipping and whatever. Don't buy a car you have never driven. He could be shipping you a barely running car. I would suggest trying to get a nice clean stock unmodded si. It will be hard but they are out there. Get things done yourself and make a project car of your own and make it your own style. Remember we mod our cars to make them drive better and go faster and we drive the hell out of them. Always find out a legit reason why someone is getting rid of their car and how long they've had it and always do a vin check.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:50 PM
WhiteRice

I personally would not buy a car from anybody on ebay or who I didn't know, who say they've built up the internals, unless they have receipt proof and I drive it first.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:49 PM
ronaldmcdonald

I like the second car a lot better, but I'd still be cautious and ask for all the receipts and definetly take a test drive, like whiterice said. Actually it can be difficult to keep reciepts, I've blown somwhere north of $20k on my 'family sedan', yet I've lost most of the recipts already. You should also try to get a compression check on the motor to check if it's in good shape.

If the price is reasonable, and you have the spare time, there might be a likelihood you could sell all the parts you don't need, and use the money to build on stuff you want. I'm really suprised ppl here in the honda forums usually want to sell their modded cars w/ all their mods on it. In the Audi/VW forums, usually ppl prefer to sell all their mods, try to return their car to relatively stock, and then sell the car. You typically lose less money that way.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:59 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Shibaz

JDM B16A 1.6L DOHC w/ V-tec set at 6.3k

is that how high it usually is? whats the redline if the vtec switch is set that high?