Notices

I need Intermideate Shaft/Axel Help PLEASE :(

Old 03-21-2006, 05:25 AM
nexgen91
Gearhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need Intermideate Shaft/Axel Help PLEASE :(

Ok so its started, I start to get my parts, and low and behold... The unexpected happens. The people I bought the mounts and axels from sent me freakin H22 into EG crap instead of B16 into EF stuff. How the hell do you mix that up?? The world may never know. Anyway, so I ordered new mounts today. I am in the process of getting new axels, but I am not sure about which ones to get, I have a EDM B16A1 with the Y2 transmission. The ones Im looking at say they are for a B16 Cable Transmission, but Im not sure if they will fit as my intermideate shaft has a female end with no smaller hole, it just has one big hole, and these axels look like they have a smaller rod on them. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Here is what it looks like:
Old 03-21-2006, 06:12 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Dude, your intermediate shaft is missing the boot, as well as the cv joint. There's supposed to either be a female or male end on the end of that intermediate shaft, instead, there's a huge hole. That's why that hole is there! Replace your intermediate shaft with an integra one.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:34 AM
jlicrx

doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your intermediate shaft - part of the CV joint (which is part of the axle) is still attached to your intermediate shaft - you need to pop that piece (with the big hole in it) out of the shaft so that you can install the entire axle
Old 03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Oops, sorry. I meant the intermediate shaft is fine, but basically your axle fell apart when removing it. Just remove that end of the intermediate shaft(like jlicrx said) and you'll be fine.