Notices

Interchangable suspensio for CRX

Old 01-25-2006, 01:24 AM
xpman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangable suspensio for CRX

I've got a CRX with an Integra front suspension. Does anyone know if Teg shocks/springs are interchangeable? I blew out a shock but I'm not sure if I should buy Integra shocks or CRX shocks.

Also, could anyone suggest a spring & shock combo. It's got coilovers on it right now (not sure what brand) and I think that was part of my problem. I hit a Michigan pothole hard enough to kick the spring over and damage the shock. I don't want to spend an arm & a leg but I'd like to keep the lowered look. The adjustable coilover is still in good shape. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:35 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Do you just have the front knuckles?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:21 AM
xpman

I'm not sure. I bought the car with all the mods already done and I already sold my stock CRX so I don't have anything to compare it to. Here's a few pics. This is the front passenger side. Can you tell if it's just the knuckles?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5[1]a.JPG (202.2 KB, 23 views)
7[1]a.JPG (174.8 KB, 20 views)
8[1]a.JPG (180.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-27-2006, 01:11 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by xpman
I'm not sure. I bought the car with all the mods already done and I already sold my stock CRX so I don't have anything to compare it to. Here's a few pics. This is the front passenger side. Can you tell if it's just the knuckles?
Your pictures are mostly of the damper fork. The steering knuckle has the wheel hub on it, attached from the upper ball joint to the lower ball joint. Look for a letter/number stamp on the steering knuckle and let us know what it says.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:00 PM
xpman

It's stamped KR-14 (passenger side). I did a quickie web search and now I'm pretty sure they're Integras

If I'm correct, can anyone suggest decent springs/shocks that I won't have to spend a week's pay on?!

Also, is it possible to reuse the adjustables that I already have?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 AM
xpman

I also saw in another post that someone said the Integra suspension is too beefy for a CRX.

I'm still looking for shock suggestions. I'm sure there's someone out there that's happy with the spring/shock combos on their CRX upgrades.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

If you just have the front knuckles use the CRX stuff and if you dont use the crx stuff. If someone put the upper teg arms on you will have positive camber. CRX stuff will work either way. The springs off of a teg are a little stonger and if I am not mistaken a little longer. You have to find out what teg parts you have. You should only be using the knuckles.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
xpman

Are there any obvious differences or do I have to hunt down the part numbers on the arms?

What springs/shocks do you have on your CRX? Is it lowered or are those just larger wheels?
Old 02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Mrspotlight202

Default interchangable suspension for CRX

i have a crx and the suspension i have is tight because of having a body kit but i can lower and raise it if needed gives good support as well i got KYB GR-2 gas shocks from jcwhitney around $174 for all four and weapon R coilovers around $150 i love them give it a shot if u have the money
Old 02-02-2006, 03:04 PM
xpman

The suspension in my CRX is extremely stiff. I don't know if it's because of the 17" wheels and having to make sure that they don't bottom out in the wheel wells. I suppose the stiffer the spring, the less chance you have of bottoming out. I've also got two braces that straddle the shock towers in both the rear and in the engine compartment that add to the stiffness of the ride. Having shocks is almost unnoticeable. The car just bounces over bumps instead of absorbing them with the shocks.

All of this aftermarket stuff was put on by the previous owner so unfortunately I don't know exactly what's on the car.

Does the KYB GR-2/Weapon R combo give a decent ride? I don't mind sacrificing a little bit of performance to get a more comfortable ride. Michigan freeways suck ass.