Notices

91 crx si clutch and flywheel question.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 crx si clutch and flywheel question.

Will a lightened flywheel increase HP at all on a sohc zc motor? Would it be worth the 200 bucks or so? Would a performance clutch kit be worth it also? I've currently got a clutch kit from Pep Boys with a lifetime warranty. Considering it's such a pain in the tail to remove the tranny, i'm going to change everything while i'm in there. I wonder if Pep Boys would give me another clutch kit even if the one in it still works? Also, if i spend the money on a lightened flywheel for a sohc zc motor, will it fit a dohc zc motor also if and when i ever need to change the motor? I've got tranny trouble and need to figure what i'm going to do before i remove it. Thanks for any info or tips.

Also, if i were to get one of these for my crx,
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/a...wheel%5Fcombo/
which one should i get. The 8.38 pound flywheel or the 11.75 pound flywheel.

Last edited by Tankard; 12-29-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:55 PM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

ha ha i me and my buddy just changed my clutch yesterday, took us under half a day to pull out the motor and put on my 8lbs flywheel and stage 1 clutch a lighten flywheel will pick ur revs up faster i noticed it from 3+ on single cam but i cant really get on it yet it should fit on the dc zc cuz it does share most parts with the single cam si motors
Old 01-23-2006, 06:12 PM
TSM

I just installed one on my friends car, it is worth the $200 I would change the clutch to a stage 1 (whatever brand ) I like clutch masters . My friends car rips I am going to post pics on my website I just havent gotten around to it yet check it out in a few days