Notices

Shifter on CRX new but very stiff please help

Old 12-20-2005, 06:47 AM
bballin24rican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter on CRX new but very stiff please help

the shifter on my crx is fairly new and it is very hard to shift ... do i need to add some kind of fluid or wat do i need to do to loosen the shifter on my crx please help ne body that can help or might know just post thanks ...
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 AM
pc_in_al

When I bought mine about two years ago, it had been sitting up for just a few weeks. For the next few days, the shifter was very stiff. I had the fluid replaced, but that didn't seem to change anything. It loosened up over the next few days on its own. However, not before my arm was sore from shifting. Odd, I know. I never understood it, but it's not a problem any more.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

What do you mean the shifter is "new?" Do you mean it's an aftermarket shifter, it has new bushings, what?

If the pivot bolt at the bottom of the shifter is overtightened, the shifter will be harder to move. There is no shifter oil in a Honda front wheel drive.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 PM
ED9man
driver

When they sit for awhile they tighten up, I've had the same thing happen with 2 transmissions. It should loosen up after a few days.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

i prefer my shifter to feel tigher,(i tightened mine by wrapin electical tape around the outside of the rubber on the peice that holds the ball and put it back in) but i guess u could put some lubercation around the ball of the shifter, Remeber a little bit of lubercation goes a LONG ways