Notices

SO My Timing Belt Slipped off...How Bad is This?

Old 12-18-2005, 04:30 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO My Timing Belt Slipped off...How Bad is This?

Well, I was driving and my timing belt slipped off. I kept trying to start my car, but it wouldn't start, I eventually found out that it was my timing belt. What kind of Damage could have been caused? I am starting my new project now, because it gives me a good reason to. I am putting new CTR Pistons in, New Valves, new headgasket, mostly just NEW stuff, to get it running tip top shape. All I need to know is what else should I be checking for? I am going to take the head off tonight and prolly drop the oil pan and start to take out the psitons so I can get the rods pressed on the new CTR pistons. Is there anything I should replace while doing all of this? I am also getting ARP Head studs. Does anyone know how to do all the timing n shit to get it started agian once I am finished. I have a timing light, I jsut dont know how to set it to TDC and get the cams aligned the right way n stuff. I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE. SCHMOO I HOPE YOUR LISTENING. I need your expertise. Get back to me soon, it is 8:30 at night and I am starting the project.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:18 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Default Update Time!

Well, I Just got done pulling the head off, taking the oilpan off, the Oil P/U and the girdle. The only thing I noticed wrong in the head was that there were 2 reatiners that were broken on top around the outside. Thankgod I have Dual Valve springs in there, or my ewngine would have been shot to hell. I have two new retainers to replace them with. Also, I didn't notice any bent valves or anything, so I am ok there. I don't think anything major happened to my engine, THANKGOD. I am going to take out the pistons and rods, and have the rods pressed onto the new CTR pistons tommorrow. If anyone has any info on how to put the piston rings on, it would be helpful, I mean if there is a certain order that the ring breaks have to go in. I know how to do the ring,oilring,ring. I know where they go, I just need to have a pic diagram. ALso If anyone has a how to on setting the cams and the crank at TDC and all of that I would be much appreciative. I wouldnt be asking these questions but i cant find a helms manual for my car.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

http://www.carenthusiast.com/crxuk/C...hop_Manual.pdf

http://www.carenthusiast.com/crxuk/VTEC_Supplement.pdf
Old 12-18-2005, 11:31 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Well, here is another lil update at 3:22AM, I jsut got back in from doing all of the stuff. I found out why my car was smoking and burning so much oil. Apparently the pistons had CHUNKS missing from them, where you place the piston rings!
There was only 1 Piston that was alright. all 3 other were FU*@ED so, maybe that is why I have had a declining loss of power.

These aren't good pics, but I am sure u can notice the break in between where the piston ring goes. Well all 3 out of 4 pistons were like that. So I guess it is a good thing I was planning on replacing them.