Notices

Will not having an O2 sensor be that bad?

Old 11-10-2005, 04:12 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will not having an O2 sensor be that bad?

I was just wondering if not having an O2 sensor would be that bad. It never had one when I bought the car, and it ran fine. I took it to a shop (before I knew anything about hondas) and I had the engine rebuillt. I got it back, and it had the check engine light on. Well I have fixed all the little problems since a year ago. And now ALl I have to Fix is the IACV (get a new one). And I should be set. I got a new TPS sensor i nthere and set it at .45-.46 volts on closed throttle. That is what I was told. And now my ECU blinks O2. I never had the check engine light on when I bought the car. So I was wondering if it was that bad for the car. I have a Mugen Chipped ECU. It disables the Knock Sensor and the Rev limiter is set at like 10,000. I was wodnering if i need to buy an O2 sensor and get a bung welded in to my test pipe(actually it is just a regular piece of pipe.) So IDK if I I actually bought a one wire O2 Sensor and got it plugged in if ti would help, cuz I don't even know if it uses it.