Notices

lack of power... 88 si

Old 11-09-2005, 12:50 PM
drkslayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lack of power... 88 si

i did a head job... everything went fine...

when i start it up it runs great... has loads of power... but acted like it was starving for fuel...

so i changed the fuel filter... that went away... till it warmed up... it goes but hesistates... like when i'm in 3rd at say 30... its like it hiccups till i get on it... if i go up to 5500 then it acts normal for a minute then goes right back to hiccups...

i'm thinkin wires, cap, rotor... anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Possibly fuel injectors? Could just be the o-rings on the injectors themselves...
Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 PM
drkslayer

hmm... i did remove all the injectors to clean them... i believe that the "new" engine was a 30k motor that had been sitting forever... i used 3 cans of brake kleen to clean the injectors and intake... the valve seals were leaking so bad... i was surprised that the engine even ran before i did the head job...

i mean i ran my pinky finger inside the intake tubes and came out with a full finger of sludge... kinda like if you get a niiiice booger out your nose after picking it...

the only thing that makes me think its electrical is the fact that if i start it up and run it for a couple minutes, ya know get the oil flowing... then hammer on it, it runs like a bad out of hell... then once it warms up, it acts gutless, and hiccups, and seems like a clogged fuel filter, even tho i just changed it...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Pre-check: No check engine light, right?

If you ran your finger around ANYTHING on the inside of the TB/Intake manifold and came back with a finger full of crud, it's not a 30k engine. Don't believe anything unless you saw the odo of the car it came out of.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:06 PM
drkslayer

no check engine light...

the timing is correct, i checked it 3 times, and had a buddy check it...

i did change 2 of the injector seals, considering the 2 middle ones looked like they had been leaking forever...

its just weird... it acts like a new motor when its cold... then warms up and acts like a 200k motor with issues...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:00 PM
drkslayer

bump