Notices

engine check light

Old 11-08-2005, 09:10 PM
crx_si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine check light

comes on after the car gets warm, was wondering the most common problems, cuz i don't have a obo-0 scanner--thx
Old 11-09-2005, 06:54 AM
jlicrx

you don't need a scanner - the ECU is located in the passenger footwell (pull down carpet and you will see it) - it has a red LED that flashes the trouble codes when you have a Check Engine Light - it will flash a number of times, pause, and flash a number of times again, pause, etc. - count the number of flashes between pauses and that will be the code for your problem - you can search for a list of what the codes are - my guess is that you will have a code 1 or code 2 for O2 sensor, based on what you said it is doing - the ECU stores the codes, so the Check Engine Light doesn't need to be on to read the codes - resetting the ECU to clear codes is done by disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuse for the ECU in the underhood fuse box
Old 11-14-2005, 05:17 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by jlicrx
you don't need a scanner - the ECU is located in the passenger footwell (pull down carpet and you will see it) - it has a red LED that flashes the trouble codes when you have a Check Engine Light - it will flash a number of times, pause, and flash a number of times again, pause, etc. - count the number of flashes between pauses and that will be the code for your problem - you can search for a list of what the codes are - my guess is that you will have a code 1 or code 2 for O2 sensor, based on what you said it is doing - the ECU stores the codes, so the Check Engine Light doesn't need to be on to read the codes - resetting the ECU to clear codes is done by disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuse for the ECU in the underhood fuse box
Just unplug the ECU. It will probably be Code 1. One Steady Long Blink.