Notices

need electrical help for 88 crx si

Old 11-01-2005, 03:03 PM
don88crxsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need electrical help for 88 crx si

when you start does the main fuse relay click or does it mean its bad ? i got a code 20 wich means a ground error the car wont start at all any sugg ?thanks don
Old 11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
don88crxsi

Default are main relay replacements commom problem on crx ?

does any one know if this is a common issue ?i am a new to hondas i am a ford (mazda)and bmw guy . i bought this car for future auto x and to drive to save on gas
Old 11-01-2005, 11:49 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Code 20 is eletrical load, but maybe that means bad ground too? Anyway, yes..the main relay is supposed to click once when u turn the key to start, and again when the CEL turns off, then again I believe while your starting the car.
Also, yes.. the main relay going out is a common problem on early hondas. It shouldn't be an issue now though, since it typically happens when the ambient temperature is hot, like summer. So I don't believe your relay is the culprit. Have u checked plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and fuel pump? If it is your relay though, it costs about $70 at most dealerships, but the new relay is supposed to be alot better.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:17 PM
don88crxsi

Default thanks i bought a new relay on ebay but not problem

i have to change the disty i did all new plugs and wires except cap . car has been sitting before buying but disty looked new