Notices

Need help with my 89 CRX Si

Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 PM
jdmkrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my 89 CRX Si

Hey everybody i need to ask a few questions.OK i have a 89 crx Si that i just bought for 800 it has lots of extras and one of them is a swap.It seems the kid that i bought the car from dropped a D16Z6 in it.But he never connected the vtec so now my question.He seemed to use the crx Si harness but if i'am not wrong this car is a OBD0 and the D16Z6 is OBD1 so i would have to get the right ecu and a correct harness for this right.

My second ?.The car also has another problem that is the dizzy(distributor). The car wont rev past 3500 so he checked the timing and its ok but the dizzy is messed up(our have the CAS bulit into the dizzy).So the kid changed the dizzy and he says now it off by 180* and the car misfires.I dont really know how i can fix that so i would really like someone to try and help me out by telling me want i need to do to fix it this problem.

Oh and i did try the search button but no luck with the second ? so i just posted both thanks alot for any help with this.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K, yes the car is OBD0 engine is OBD1... He probably kept the engine OBD0 for ease of install, and cheaper... Things youll need to convert back to OBD1:
OBD0 to OBD1 harness (www.rywire.com) (Not the full harness, this just allows your stock harness to plug-n-play with an OBD1 ECU)
A P28 ECU.
OBD1 Dizzy (see below)
And a 4 wire O2 sensor

I also reccomend the rywire OBD0 to OBD1 full kit with the the OBD1 dizzy
connectors, 4 wire o2, and VTEC connectors...

http://www.rywire.com/sitodvtec.shtml

Or you could wire up all that stuff, but its a pain in the ass...

Pretty sure thats it, but if I left something out Im sure someone else will catch it...

As for the dizzy problem, since he kept it OBD0 he had to modify the head to make that dizzy work on that head, he probably screwed up with the modification... You should make sure he didnt completly screw up the head trying to modify it...

Alternatively, if u fix the dizzy problem, u can get an RPM activated switch to activate VTEC for you... This will be cheaper... But I highly reccomend just converting to OBD1, since this way isnt very efficient, a VTEC ECU adds more fuel during VTEC engagement, a non VTEC wont, so alot of power is lost there...