Notices

Caught Red Handed (long)

Old 09-03-2002, 03:11 PM
WhiteRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught Red Handed (long)

I went to AutoZone this afternoon to pick some stuff up. I pull into my parking space parking squarely between the lines as were the two cars on either side of me. After I finish my business inside the store, I return to find an old 70's GMC Sierra Grande 25 pickup truck sitting next to me on my passenger side.

The truck was a light blue color, rust over all 4 wheel wells and around the door handles. It was parked so that his wheels were a good 6-9"'s in my space. So I go around and look, and sure enough, there's a small dent (abut an inch long and a small paint chip, very small, but nonetheless a paint chip.

So I'm PISSED! I get a pen and paper, I write down all the truck info: plates, make, model, etc. I sit in my car for about 15 mins. Finally this redneck guy comes out. He sees me eyeing him coming out. He says, "You have trouble getting out?" I say, "No, but it looks like you did, Sir." So I showed him the dent and the paint chip. We even opened his door and it fit perfectly where the dent is.

So I tell them that he has some options. A) I can call the cops, file a report and get our insurance involved. B) I can just get insurance involved, or C) Just give me some money, settle now and we'll go about our business. I didn't want to do A or B cause that's a long drawn out process for a small ding.

He tries to point at all the smaller previous door dings and says that I shouldn't worry about this particular one beacause of all the others. I say something to the effect that they're lucky that i didn't catch them red handed too, and no wonder you wouldn't worry, look at the condition of your truck. He's droppin' F-bombs like mad and cussin like a sailor. A crowd of spectators sees this and starts getting interested. BTW...the truck was a company truck and he was the owner. So I tell him I'll just call the owner on my cell. He says he's it. So I pick up my phone. Start dialing, like I'm calling the cops.and he jumps in his wallet. Throws 20 bucks at me and says "if I ever see you again, I"m runnin you over." Stuff like that. And takes off.

I get home and put some touch-up paint on it.

I'm very pissed about the dent and the ding, but I'm very happy that I caught him. I didn't go home empty handed. Got $20 out of it!!!

Sorry so long, had to share it with everyone.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:42 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

$20 is all? I would have called the cops if it was bad.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:15 AM
WhiteRice

It wasn't bad at all....It was more of like.....Wow...I can actually catch this m'fer in the act. I don't know how many times I've heard people say how pissed they are because hit their door and run. I'm just happy to get 20 bucks. Maybe the self satisfaction of catching that dic khead is all I need. I don't know. But hey, that's $20 I didn't have before, right?!
Old 09-04-2002, 08:47 AM
cwhiteboy

Thats good stuff, I always right down the liscense plate numbers and car info of suspicious cars (cars parked halfway in my space), just incase. Never caught anyone though.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:05 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i need a cell phone for just such occasions!