Notices

My cousin needs help

Old 06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cousin needs help

Alright fellas, this is my cousins problem he asked me about. I told him I'll get suggestions for him.
He have a 89 Civic Si. This is what he flat out wants to know? What engine swap & parts will he need to be able to run a stock 02 Vette 6spd or auto.Yes, I was shocked that he even asked about a Vette. I can see maybe a WRX or something even a 5.0. Mustang. The only thing I said was it'll be expensive as hell...Thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 01:41 PM
VTEC-Power

well, if he has the money a B18c Turbo should do it maybe
Old 06-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your cousin has to understand that honda motors (with the exception of a few) are not by any means made for performance like the corvette or the mustang. They were built to be economical and reliable. That being said, if your cousin is intent on racing at that level (and I am going to assume for drag racing) than he needs a motor like the b18c or a b20 block mated with a vtec head. In addition he may want to bore/stroke the motor to a higher displacement. Also, some type of forced induction is a must. To get a honda motor to perform at the level of corvettes or mustangs while keeping it all-motor is nearly impossible and very costly. He will also have to have everything tuned professionally as far as ignition timing, cam timing, boost pressure, fuel pressure ect. He will need a new ecu reprogrammed to manage some of those things. I hope your cousin has some big money to play with.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:34 AM
VTEC-Power

It is possible though
Old 06-26-2005, 10:49 AM
DiAbLo3785
Working on project CRX Si

anything is possible, just remember that money talks. now even though its possible u gotta think to yourself, "how much crack must i smoke to decide to go through with some radical engine swap?"(especially some vette engine)
Old 06-26-2005, 11:16 AM
ED9man
driver

If you do that you're going to have a tube chassis car that vaguely resembles a CRX.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:45 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Originally Posted by DiAbLo3785
anything is possible, just remember that money talks. now even though its possible u gotta think to yourself, "how much crack must i smoke to decide to go through with some radical engine swap?"(especially some vette engine)
Originally Posted by ED9man
If you do that you're going to have a tube chassis car that vaguely resembles a CRX.
He's not talking about swaping a vette motor in his car (thank god), he's asking what swap and parts he'll need to be able to keep up with a vette.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
ED9man
driver

ooh

It's possible, do like a frankenstein B20/VTEC and a huge turbo and all the parts to support it. 400 hp in a CRX is probably enough to beat a Vette.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Why do ppl always set goals like this?

Nothing against anybody but, I just dont understand that kind of mentality... Its like ppl dont sit back and say "yea, I wanna reasonably fast ride", everybody is always trying to compete and be the fastest out there... Which is not ever gonna happen... Everyones mentality is like "yea I wanna smoke _fill in the blank_ car in my Honda CRX!"...

Why dont people just set a reasonable goal without having to compete with a particular make and model in mind?

Sorry for the rant...
Old 06-26-2005, 05:51 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your cousin needs more help than any of us can give him.

:chuckles: