Notices

Best Compression 4 Pump Gas

Old 05-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want a short gear ratio, you could put a Type R tranny on with LSD equipped or change out the final drive on the one you have while you are rebuilding it. Yes, the Integra trannies will fit assuming you have a B series, which you stated that you do. A GSR tranny will be a nice medium between low RPM freeway cruising and short gears.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:45 AM
DirtyHarry

Default sounds good to me

Well then, thats it, the GSR/or LS tranny it is. I would much rather have a US tranny, then the jdm trannys. For one, I'd say 50% of the folks i've talked to have had a crummy tranny with there b16 swaps. I don't wanna have to pull the tranny out and replace, I would like to be sure I can run my shit instead of hoping second gear is falty, or gonna chip. Two, reason I would want an integra tranny, would be because of the longer gears, and there avail, type R's are rare and expen. Three, if the jdm tranny takes a shit, your screwed. I emailed about 11 shops randomly picked, to see if they could rebuild a jdm tranny(Y1), and all but one said yes. This ONE particular shop said only the synchro's though, couldn't replace the gears if they were chipped cause no parts in US avail. I haven't posted any threads on where to get a jdm tranny rebuilt, so i don't know, but still, I would much rather have a tranny with parts avail, then having no parts avail. I'll do more research on the GSR tranny, and others, so thanks for the help. Anybody else please let me know what you think. What about a normal Si tranny, any other cable types?
Old 05-28-2005, 06:34 AM
ED9man
driver

www.gearspeed.com
They will completely rebuild JDM transmissions, that's who I am going to when I have the money.