Notices

Punched it to pass and it slowed down?

Old 05-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punched it to pass and it slowed down?

I have no idea which section to put this in, so i'll put it here. This was in a full size v6 Ford van. I think it's called an E-350 maybe, but not sure. Anyway, i was passing somebody at night time on a two lane road. The thing actually slowed down when i kind of punched it to pass. Also, at the same time, the battery light came on and the lights dimmed to almost being off. Everything went back to normal after i let of the gas and started going 60mph or so again. I punched it in the daytime, and i noticed it just almost starts slowing down when it should normally be accelerating, while the engine is reving up. I forgot to look at the battery thing to see if it came on again like it did when dark. Bye the way, it runs fine until you punch it. Just curious if anybody has ever had this problem with any vehicle before.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:59 PM
ED9man
driver

bad ground
Old 05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by ED9man
bad ground

That sounds like exactly what it could be. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Ford also is reknowned to have a bad ignition coil/pack and for several decades they randomly stall or hesitate (slow down)...Ford has denied this problem even though the reported rate is 5% (though the reported rate is much lower than what is actually happening)...only in California has Ford been forced to accept owners to fix over 6.x million cars for this problem (Ford didn't do a recall though) the remaining 49 other states Ford did nothing.