Notices

need help with crx ls swap

Old 05-02-2005, 02:43 PM
si-ripper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with crx ls swap

what do i have to do to get the engine to run without any engine code or can i just plug it up in my si harness and plug up the ecu and it will run. please help me out
Old 05-04-2005, 11:24 AM
speedshifter101

I have never tried to plug the si harness into an ls. I have an ls in my 91 dx and just did dpfi to mpfi and it worked. It also depends on what year of ls it is. I have an si harness and will check it out for ya.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
si-ripper

i have a dx also with a mpfi on it to. so if i get a obd-0 it will plug and play
Old 05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
speedshifter101

I am pretty sure because the pinouts on the ecu are the same, I just don't know if the all of the plugs on the harness are the same (si harness, vs ls harness). I think the si has two different plugs on it but I am not sure. I would just use the dx harness and wire it (change the two wires on tps and ad in mpfi) in and it should be plug and play. If you can't find a harness I am sure I have one somewhere and will mail it to you if you need it. Just pm me.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:22 PM
si-ripper

Originally Posted by speedshifter101
I am pretty sure because the pinouts on the ecu are the same, I just don't know if the all of the plugs on the harness are the same (si harness, vs ls harness). I think the si has two different plugs on it but I am not sure. I would just use the dx harness and wire it (change the two wires on tps and ad in mpfi) in and it should be plug and play. If you can't find a harness I am sure I have one somewhere and will mail it to you if you need it. Just pm me.
yes i believe i need one can you pm me if you still have it