Notices

which cold air intake for CRX w/B16a

Old 04-18-2005, 02:23 PM
xpman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which cold air intake for CRX w/B16a

I need to replace a cold air intake on my CRX. It's got a 1st gen. B16a out of an Acura Integra. The air intake I already have was "cut to fit" and it was cut too short into the bend for the filter to stay attached! I've looked on eBay but don't know which ones will fit. Should I buy an Integra or CRX air intake? I don't want to cough up the $170 or so for the ones they sell specifically for the CRX with B16 swap. I'm sure one of the cheaper ones will fit and work just fine. Has anyone used any from eBay with success? Thanks in advance
Old 04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

If its a B16A, its from a Honda Integra (there is no Acura in Japan)... As far as I know, the only one that fits correctly is a specially made one for a CRX with a swap... But im not 100% sure... I do know the CRX wont work be cause of the diameter of the piping on the B series is larger than the stock D series...

Edit: If u get one for a Civic Si (with a B16A2) or for a Del Sol VTEC with a B16A3, it will mount up, but u gotta relocate the battery to the trunk...
Old 04-18-2005, 06:24 PM
L3V3L

The best option would be just to create your own from stock parts and buy a cheap cone filter (similar to what it seems u have now). It would look as fancy as a bought one, but it will look more stock. Just go to a scrap yard and pick up an integra intake pipe (or 2 if you want it to go through the engine bay and below the bumper). Fabricate it to how you wish using clamps and stuff. It may not be as affective as a professional one, but it will be damn close and it will be one hell of a lot cheaper. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Hope this will give you some ideas.

trey
Old 04-18-2005, 10:08 PM
CRXDOHCVTEC

Default ughh?

When i did my Swap i used a 88-91 AEM COLD AIR INTAKE...that should work with out a problem...
Old 04-19-2005, 01:26 PM
1fasthb

^ I agree. 88-91 civic/crx will fit. I have a red aem cai for sale. Let me know