Notices

LOL, my tire wont come off... quick help anyone?

Old 03-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL, my tire wont come off... quick help anyone?

I feel like a fool posting this, but my tire is wearing abnormally and I want to put a full size spare on it (regular one has steel coming thru) until I get the front end fixed... ANYWAYS

I got the four lug nuts off, and the car is jacked up, and I yank on the tire to take it off, and it wont move... just will.not.come.off.

WHY? Is there something in the center piece that needs to be taken out or off?

its a 91 CRX HF... standard vehicle to take a tire off, just like the rest of them.

Thx.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
gutterslide

stand with your back to the car, and mule kick the rim on either side of the studs. i had to do this to one of my Accord wheels, when i had steelies.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:25 AM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

if you have a rubber mallet just pound off around the ege of the rim, just keep doing it untill it wiggles loose...if you dont have a mallet than just use a hammer and cover the rim so the hammer wont damage the rim
Old 03-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

def kick it on the bottom of the wheel with both feet, it'll come off, one shot, easy.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

thx guys, all similar replies, and the same result happened

the rust welded itself onto my car LOL... stupid thing.

old tire off, "new" tire on, for the time being...

now anyone want to tell me where my anti freeze is going if it isnt leaking onto the ground and the oil APPEARS to look clean???

(head gasket!!!)
Old 03-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Vivi_Master

its just steelies just take a hammer and bash them things till it pops off. had to do the same with all my wheels
Old 03-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Ziken
RACE USE ONLY

Try spraying it with some WD40 and kick it lol
Old 03-21-2005, 12:52 AM
CroCivic90DX

Originally Posted by Bmpn
now anyone want to tell me where my anti freeze is going if it isnt leaking onto the ground and the oil APPEARS to look clean???
I was loosing coolant as well, and in my case, the radiator had some small holes on the top, and when coolant got hot, it evaporated through those holes. As my antifreeze was green, the top of the radiator was green also.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Tankard

thx guys, all similar replies, and the same result happened

(head gasket!!!)

If it's not leaking anywhere, it's more than likely the head gasket. They make some stuff you can buy at Wal Mart to put into the coolant that seals blocks and head gaskets. It actually worked on a 2001 Ford van i drive at work that's got almost 300,000 miles on it. It used about a gallon of antifreeze every 500 miles or so until i put some of this stuff in it.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:30 PM
augy

(head gasket!!!)
If you've serviced your engine lately (or not) check all the heater and coolant hose connections. You'd think that the hoses are tight enough without those little metal collars, but without them the system gets pressurized enough to force coolant out. And often times you won't see it leaking because it's hot enough to evaporate as soon as it reaches atmospheric pressure at the amounts it's leaking out.