Notices

Hey guys, need help/advice

Old 03-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Digitals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, need help/advice

Hey whats up honda freaks?!?!, well, here's my problem....

I got a friend who had just totaled his hatchback, really nice one too 1998 ek honda civic dx, he had swapped his original Single cam w/ 1994 JDM B16 SIR II engine, and it was awesome, dam car sounded beautiful, but now, he wants to junk the car, i've convinced him to give me the engine (don't ask me how) it's in really good condition w/ 90k miles, and my question is, what will I need to fit this engine in my car? Here's my car and specs:

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX W/ 1995 JDM D16z6 single cam engine, custom wire harness w/ converted OBD I to adapt to US model

What do you guys think? Will it be difficult to perform such a swap? I know i'll need axles, motor mounts, ECU,and maybe a new harness, but is there anything else I need? Thanks for your input guys, i really appreciate it.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:41 PM
crxjap
B16 CRX

Well, I really don't see any difficulties with the swap honestly. It sounds like you know what you're doing. I mean you already have the OBD1 harness converter so that's covered. For my B16 swap in my CRX I got the stage 1 driveshafts from the driveshaftshop, and they're great. Good luck on the swap!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Digitals

Thanks for replying, what kind of axles and motor mounts should I get? Will there be welding involved due to the fact that the engine is made to fit EG series hatchbacks? I have a friend that told me you can combine specific axles to fit the EF model, or should I buy hybrid axles, keep in mind im a poor honda freak.... I'm planning on performing this swap in a week or two, to give me time to get the parts ready, these are the only parts im unsure about, since i've never performed such a swap. For the D16 I have currently in my EF I had to mix and match integra axles w/ civic axles to fit my car properly, since the car is USDM and the engine is JDM. I'm planning on spending about 150-250 dollars on axles, hope I don't have to spend more than that.