Notices

Help, No Heat

Old 03-01-2005, 05:50 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, No Heat

Can anyone help me out. I was wondering could anyone recommend me to a good shop who special lize with Honda-Acura in the PG- Charles County area other than dealer to check out my heat & fix it. I'm trying to get fixed this Sat. if possible. Only feel some heat at high speed. Not sure whether it's my switch or heater motor. I can't keep windows clear in snow etc. I have to rev car hard to get some heat. It's miserable driving w/ cold feet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fellas. These 25-30 degree temp are miserable.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Samuels

I have the same problem 90 hatch b16. It sucks its probably your heater core.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
jc836

IF you have the blower running on each speed-then we can rule that out. If not-begin with that. The fuse may be gone or it could be the switch or resistor pack.
On the other hand it could be the heater control valve in the hose from the engine to the heater core. Make sure that cable is moving the valve freely. If that is good then check that the cables controlling the doors in the heater box are OK. If all checks out good-then go to a radiator shop. I seriously doubt that the heater core is bad-they generally dump coolant all over the place when they go.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:16 AM
gingas

No their's no coolant leaking. When you put the switch on 1-4 you hear nothing. So do you think it's the switch? Like I was saying if you're just sitting still w/ car running you feel nothing, unless you're at 60 or higher you feel some heat. It's really hard keeping your windows clear especially the other days from the snow. What's a good place to go have checked out & fixed. Dealer will break your pockets.Thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 05:20 AM
gingas

Oh, the fuse was the 1st thing I checked, all good. You said my swicth or resistor pack? Are they expensive & does that mean you have to take dash apart etc...?
Old 03-03-2005, 10:50 AM
jc836

The resistor pack is mounted on the blower housing. Take the glove box out and you can see the wires going to it. The switch assembly is a PIA to work on, but can be redone if that is what is wrong. Finding a used one that is not damaged will be a challenge (E-bay is one place along with the local Honda salvager). Otherwise, they are not cheap. Just do yourself a favor and test for power at the blower resistor pack in all switch positions. The Helm is your friend for this.