Notices

sunroof problem... help!!!

Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 PM
VRCCRXsi
Vendetta Racing Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunroof problem... help!!!

the sunroof on my 87 crx wont close or open all the way!! the motor works but its kind of weak... it opens about 3/4 of the way, and closes almost all the way, but there is like an inch more it needs to close all the way and it wont... idk what the problem could be
Old 01-12-2005, 09:34 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

the tracks on your sunroof could be dirty and may need to be cleaned or they could be cracked or damaged and will have to be replaced...Clean your tracks first to see if that solves anything.....
Old 01-13-2005, 04:12 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Will it close manually? There should be a plug in the roof where you can take a allen wrench i do believe and hand crank it closed. if it wont do that you might have to take it apart and look at the track.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Tankard

Yea. like posted above, it's probably dirty or clogged tracks. After cleaning them really well with wd-40, rags and a little flat headed screwdriver, skeet some lubricant in there also, like some silicone spray. I've also noticed on mine, if you tighten the bolts down to tight(that actually hold it on), it will cause it to open and close slower.