Notices

CV joint AXELS

Old 01-03-2005, 09:01 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV joint AXELS

Ok I am soon to be changing my axels here in a month cause I can not take the unbearable clicking and clunking noise when I turn so I need to know how many splines are they....I have a 91 Civic DX 4 speed Manual...Also do tie rods usually come with the axels or will I have to buy them separately or what???

Thanks In Advance!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:19 AM
gutterslide

i don't think you will know how many splines until you take them out (thanks, Honda!). i could be wrong.

and why would tie rods come with the axles??
Old 01-04-2005, 02:07 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

oh ok...DAMN IT>>>>> Well what I was trying to ask since I got a little bit of sleep since then is...Is it a good idea to replace your tie rods even if they are not worn out when you replace your cv joint axles????
Old 01-09-2005, 04:39 PM
stankewj

I am looking to do the same work on a 90 HF next weekend. If you got any good advice since posting please forward.

Thanx.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:02 PM
S2Kev

Originally Posted by 91_CiViC_RiDeR
oh ok...DAMN IT>>>>> Well what I was trying to ask since I got a little bit of sleep since then is...Is it a good idea to replace your tie rods even if they are not worn out when you replace your cv joint axles????
If you replace your tie rods, you will need an alignment. Do you want to spend more money? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say. :rick: Well unless it is preventive maintenance.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:10 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Well in my opinon if you buy a car that is 13 to 15 yrs old and you do not know the complete mantienance of the vehicle then I would suggest on replacing anything neccessary to your needs and this is neccessary to my needs and besides since I am going to be replacing my cv joints then why not go ahead and replace my tie rods as well and alignment isn't anymore than 50 to 75 bucks here so I am going to go ahead and do it....But thanks for the help!!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
S2Kev

Originally Posted by 91_CiViC_RiDeR
Well in my opinon if you buy a car that is 13 to 15 yrs old and you do not know the complete mantienance of the vehicle then I would suggest on replacing anything neccessary to your needs and this is neccessary to my needs and besides since I am going to be replacing my cv joints then why not go ahead and replace my tie rods as well and alignment isn't anymore than 50 to 75 bucks here so I am going to go ahead and do it....But thanks for the help!!
You know you can check to see if the tie rods have play. Hold the wheel at 9 and 3 o' clock and move your arms forward and backwards.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:49 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Thanks I will do that....That might save me a little bit of cash ....lol
Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I wouldn't bother replacing the tie rod ends now if you don't need them. It's not that hard to get the car on stands and apart.

There are two spline counts in the fourth generation, the lower of the two is what you'll need. The actual number escapes me.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:51 PM
MIRRAdekcpe

Default .

yea, they are right......unless you're tie rods are bent, you don't need new ones.....just get new bushings...

on the spline count, the dx differs from the si, not for sure, but i think the dx is a 19 spline and the si is 21 spline.