Notices

Climate control?

Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Lm546

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control?

i just replaced my climate control unit in my 88 crx. I bought the unit brand new so i know its good. The problem is that the fan doesnt seem to blow very hard. on setting 1 it doesnt seem to even blow and all the other settings semm like they are 1 lower than it should be, like setting 4 seems like it should be 3 b/c on setting 4 with my old 1 i recall it used to move more air, I dont know why it isnt moving much air. If anyone has had this problem and knows what i can do to adjust it or fix it that would be very helpful. thanks in advance
Old 01-05-2005, 08:04 AM
gingas

Yeah this Gingas fellas, I wanted to know I have a 91 civic si hatch. Thinking of switching my heat system to cilmate control of the crx's. Would this fit in my stock dash or do I need to change my dash completly to a 91 crx & are there any modifications needed. I just really like the way the cilmate control looks. Honda should've made the civic & crx the same. Did anyone watch the Wizards game or USC game. Happy New Year!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:28 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Is your car an HF, DX, or Si? The Si climate control is different than the latter.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Lm546

Originally Posted by PacificDude
Is your car an HF, DX, or Si? The Si climate control is different than the latter.
si
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Hmmm, the same thing happened to mine when I took it out for repairs to the housing. Now 1 seems like it's not on, but the rest of the settings are fine. My guess would be to check the connections again. I haven't done it yet cause the whole ordeal was a bish to manuver in the console, but I'll get around to it. Anyone else?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:07 AM
mullinator

When the #1 speed goes out and the others are OK, the culprit is usually the fan speed resistor box under the dash, not the controls. #1 is the most-used speed so its resistor burns out first. Then #2... -scott
Old 01-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Tankard

Yeah this Tankard fellas, Yo yo . Sorry i'm not going to be much help, but on my 94 GMC Sonoma, it kind of does the same thing your talking about. After driving it for a while, the blower sounds like it's blowing, but the air does'nt come out of the vents near as good as it should. I've never figured out this problem. Mine works fine when you first start driving it, but after 30 minutes or so, it does what you said yours does. They are different vehicles, but it's probably the same problem, which i have no idea what it is.