Notices

Anybody have an A/C with b-16a motor in CRX?

Old 12-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have an A/C with b-16a motor in CRX?

Does anybody have a working a/c with the b-16a motor in their crx? I've read where there are clearance problems with the a/c lines. This is even after you buy the a/c compressor mount to make it fit. Question being, what do you have to do to keep your a/c with the motor swap?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:10 AM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

ive got the a2, and AC. There arent any clearance issuse that i ran into with my swap, except i hard to lower my engine in at a 45 degree angle so i wouldnt have to decompress the lines, it was a ghetto, but it saved me like 40 bucks. Ive got some pictures somewhere, maybe ill find them and post them if you want. the AC fan on the otherhand does have some clearance problems...i had to take mine out but i dont have any overheating problems, im more of a roll down the window kinda guy.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:11 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Originally Posted by AppleSauseSi
im more of a roll down the window kinda guy.

Hell yeah same here....I never use my ac unless my wife is in the car which is hardly ever!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by 91_CiViC_RiDeR
Hell yeah same here....I never use my ac unless my wife is in the car which is hardly ever!!!
You obviously don't live in Georgia. You'd be a complete dumb a if you did'nt use your a/c in 100 degree heat if you had one to use. And if you did'nt have one, you'd surely look into getting one if you could afford it, i would think.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

lol But you see I do have ac and it does work but I have never really used it....I have no need to actually and it has gotten up to 100 degree weather here in Memphis and thats not including the heat index and I still did not use my ac....Just about anywhere I go i use the freeway....Put it that way!!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Fire
wanna run

shit you can do everything the same swap wise, you can install an adaptor mount (hasport which is better or place racing makes these) after your swap and not touch shit on your lines. its EASY
Old 12-30-2004, 09:04 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Ok. Last summer I stayed in Savannah for the most part. I put a thermometer in my car just out of curisioty, and every time I got in the car it would be maxed out which is at over 140 degrees F.
That means most of the interior peices are that temperature, and trust me when you're already hot before you get in the car, rolling down the windows isn't going to do any good at all.
Actually if you want to be comfortable you have to have the AC on for a while before you get into the car.
I usually start making sure my AC is in good working order in April or May.