Notices

crx for sale

Old 12-15-2004, 06:17 PM
tdub86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx for sale

Hey everyone. I have an 86 crx si for sale. It is imperative that i sell it. It has intake and exhaust, new alternator, battery, head unit, new speakers, interior is perfect(no rips), runs great. Its white and the interior is black. It has 173xxx miles on it and i changed the oil myself every 3000 along with the sparkplugs. You can email me at thw001@mcdaniel.edu..thank you
Old 12-15-2004, 07:16 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

let me get this straight - plugs every 3k miles!!! (i think you mean that you only just did the plugs but regularly change the oil ever 3k miles)

if not then are they fouling them up that fast?...if so you need a compression & leakdown test
Old 12-15-2004, 08:46 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Or maybe that was just the way he took care the of car....Who knows???
Old 12-16-2004, 05:22 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by 91_CiViC_RiDeR
Or maybe that was just the way he took care the of car....Who knows???
maybe he also does the fuel filter, air filter, wires, valve cover grommets, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, or even a distributor every 3k miles too!

you should only need to change the plugs every 30k miles...they last a long time even the oem copper ngk plugs...replacing them every 3k on a normal engine is entirely unnecessary and a waste of money and time...i'd be more concerned of stripping the plug threads in the head by changing them so often (most people over torque them)

the only reason why someone would need to replace plugs so soon is either the car is prepped for racing, poorly managed forced induction, or a fuel delivery problem
Old 12-16-2004, 07:55 PM
tdub86

Actually, i do like to take care of my car, and i like it to always perform at the top of its game. So whenever i felt the need that it seemed like it was loosing power, i changed the plugs. It may not have been every 3k miles but i usually ended up changing them the same time i changed the oil.
And ther i no need to worry about the threads being stripped because i never over torque.