Notices

Seat belt not going back in?

Old 12-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt not going back in?

Now my seat belt won't go back in all the way, on the top one. This is on a 91 crx si. I took the door panel off. I saw where it's got a blue little cover that appears to be the spring recoil and it says do not remove. I skeeted some wd-40 up between the wheel and the thing, and it helped a little. I've now got it going back in enough where i can leave it buckled and close the door. If i unbuckle it and try to close the door, it hangs down and gets closed in the door. Very irritating. It's going to have to get fixed. Maybe a whole new unit with the belt from a junk yard? Anybody ever had this problem and found a fix? Thanks for any help if so.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:22 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Mine goes in so slowly.

I've gotten used to feeding it back in whenever I get out, and yes it's a bit annoying, but all the ones I saw at the junk yard were covered in mildew (because all the glass had been shattered or removed).
Not cool.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:34 PM
augy

Hmmm... Does kragen stock those seatbelt recoilers?
Old 12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
starwarskid

Honda has a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts, as long as they have not been tampered with. Take it to the dealership and show them, they are supposed to order and replace them at no charge.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by starwarskid
Honda has a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts, as long as they have not been tampered with. Take it to the dealership and show them, they are supposed to order and replace them at no charge.
Alright. I was thinking that. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by starwarskid
You would be 100% correct. I made an appointment and took it there today. Of course, they told me they had to look at it and be sure it had'nt been tampered with. They ordered it and said it should be in next week. They will install it free of charge also. Not a nickle will come out of my pocket. Thanks again for the info.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Yep ditto from me. I got my seatbelt ordered and it's on the way now. I should have it in sometime soon.