Notices

I'm kind of confused...

Old 11-18-2004, 09:31 PM
crxkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm kind of confused...

and I probably shouldn't be. Here goes anyway, if the answer to my question is really obvious, go ahead and burn me... just need another opinion. Something is loose on the front end of my 90 CRX. It's not a metal on metal sound, just something that is loose that bumps around or moves when I go over little bumps; like out of a driveway. I know the possibilities are probably bushings or ball-joints, and to check I should get under my car and see what wiggles or moves. Did that. Nothing is loose that I can see... unless you guys know something else to try to move. I was shaking on the tie rods and the front control arms. Any suggestions at all? Please and thanks ahead of time.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

It is it a bump sound or a squeaky kind of screech sound????
Old 11-19-2004, 07:45 AM
crxkid

It's a bump sound... no squeak, actually.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:23 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by crxkid
It's a bump sound... no squeak, actually.
Is it coming from the front end, sounds and feels like a loose suspension component while on the road?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:25 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

It could be one of the retainer clips on one of your brake pads. Your brakes will still work just fine if this happens, but the pads will clank a little when you hit a bump. I mean the pads aren't going anywhere, but it's a good idea to make sure you have the clips in there.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:35 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

I'd like to know what's going on with your car, too. Mine drives and handles just fine but when I go over a rocky type of surface, at slower speeds, it sounds like something heavy is loose in the front end.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:38 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

My car does it. I was loosing clips from this one caliper for some reason, and I just got tired of replacing them. I'll probably get a new one before I go on a long trip.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:30 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Mine was doing th same thing and all I had to do is chanmge my pads cause they were wore to the metal....lol...But check your pads and see about either of our comments and see if that helped>>>
Old 11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
crxkid

Originally Posted by PacificDude
I'd like to know what's going on with your car, too. Mine drives and handles just fine but when I go over a rocky type of surface, at slower speeds, it sounds like something heavy is loose in the front end.
That is a perfect explanation of what's going on with my car. I just did a brake job: rotors/pads... where is the "clip" supposed to be, and what does it look like? There was no clip on either caliper when I did the work. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:38 AM
crxkid

Originally Posted by PacificDude
That's the perfect explanation for whats going on... good job. I just did a brake job; rotors/pads, a few weeks ago and the clunking or whatever it is was happening before that. There were no clips on either caliper when I did the brakes, or ever for that matter. This is the second time I've done my brakes since I had the car. What does the clip look like and where does it go? If there are no clips, does that mean it's not a bushing or ball-joint problem?