Notices

Never buy unless you know the return policy.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never buy unless you know the return policy.

Dirty rat ba??a?ds at an automotive salvage yard basically took 250 bucks from me. I asked if i could return the trans if it did'nt work. She said you have 5 days to install it to be sure it works. Turns out, they want the car towed there to the junk yard, with the defective trans installed so they can confirm it's defective, which would cost me over 100 bucks for the towing fee alone. I could go on and on with this story, but i'm not. I figured it's a stripped differential or something. The speedometer goes up like it should through all the gears with no go. I'm just going to have to learn how to fix a manual trans or take a chance on getting another messed up one. I should have all the parts i need between the two that i now have to make one of them work. Now i'm wondering if it'd be easier to fix one that won't go in first or one that seems to have a stripped differential. Moral of the story, never buy something that you don't know if it works or not, until you know the return policy word for word.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

What kind of car do you own
Old 11-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by Jae Jae Binks
What kind of car do you own
91 CRX SI

Oh yea and also, anybody need their clutch replaced? I should be getting pretty good at it now being how many times i'm going to have to take it out and put it back in.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:04 AM
jlicrx

if the speedometer is working, then the differential is turning - 2 possibilities - broken pinion gear shaft or your axles aren't completely locked into place
Old 11-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by jlicrx
if the speedometer is working, then the differential is turning - 2 possibilities - broken pinion gear shaft or your axles aren't completely locked into place
Man, your awsome. I just climbed under the car. I did not push the long cv joint all the way in. Thanks alot. Hard to believe i could overlook something so simple. I should have it running down the road within 30 minutes. Thanks again. Man i feel stupid.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:34 PM
jlicrx

Originally Posted by Tankard
Man, your awsome. I just climbed under the car. I did not push the long cv joint all the way in. Thanks alot. Hard to believe i could overlook something so simple. I should have it running down the road within 30 minutes. Thanks again. Man i feel stupid.
don't feel stupid - think of it as a learning experience - bet it won't happen again!