Notices

Seat belt warning buzzer

Old 11-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Vivi_Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt warning buzzer

whenever someone gets out of my car from the passeger side door when the car is running the buzzer for the seat belt comes on but once they shut the door it doesnt shut off??? the only way i can get it to stop is to turn the car on and off any one ever had this problem before? any help would be apreciated
Old 11-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Vivi_Master

btw the car is a 91 hatchback dx hehe
Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 AM
redcivicforever

Default Oh my god! my car had the same problem...

Originally Posted by Vivi_Master
whenever someone gets out of my car from the passeger side door when the car is running the buzzer for the seat belt comes on but once they shut the door it doesnt shut off??? the only way i can get it to stop is to turn the car on and off any one ever had this problem before? any help would be apreciated
and I have a 91 civic hatch dx too...problem was intermittent at 1st, then was constant until I had my uncle disconnected the connector under the passenger seat, not even sure thats the one for this buzzer, but thought what the heck cause I had to turn off the car to stop it each time someone got in and the ignition was on, which wasn't convenient ...it kept doing it when 1st disconnected but now it works like normal (the 4 beeps then stops) and has for a few months...so I don't know if that fixed it or what but its worth a try, let me know if that works for you, that would be cool to see if it works for you too... ...must be the year of civic since we have the same year.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Vivi_Master

turns out it wasnt plugged in at all on either seat. works like a charm now
Old 11-08-2004, 10:19 AM
redcivicforever

Originally Posted by Vivi_Master
turns out it wasnt plugged in at all on either seat. works like a charm now
Well turns out all I had to do was say how nicely it had been working and the problem came back yesterday . I'm glad things are working for you now, i'm gonna try plugging mine back in and see if it is reset/fixed...