Notices

vtec head

Old 10-27-2004, 10:31 AM
civicdxhatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vtec head

this is just to make sure will a sohc vtec head fit on my sohc zc if so where do u think i could find one :drool: also do you guys think that i should super charge or turbo i have a 90 wagon 4wd
Old 10-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by civicdxhatch
this is just to make sure will a sohc vtec head fit on my sohc zc if so where do u think i could find one
Yes, it will fit... aside from distributor, injector, and wiring issues. You can use any SOHC VTEC ZC, D16Z6, or D16Y8 head. They usually float around $100-$150 in good condition.
Originally Posted by civicdxhatch
also do you guys think that i should super charge or turbo i have a 90 wagon 4wd
You can turbo it pretty easily, however engine condition and rear differential stength could be problems.
Originally Posted by civicdxhatch's signature
If 711 is open 24 7 365 days a year why do they have locks on the door
Have you never seen a locked down 7-11 before? I've seen it a few times, thanks to theft, MIA employees, etc.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:29 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by Kai
Yes, it will fit... aside from distributor, injector, and wiring issues. You can use any SOHC VTEC ZC, D16Z6, or D16Y8 head. They usually float around $100-$150 in good condition.
Will any of those fit on a D16A6 block?
Old 10-28-2004, 11:18 AM
RicerVtr

Originally Posted by PacificDude
Will any of those fit on a D16A6 block?
yeah, z6 yeilds something like a high nine to one compression ratio and y8 is low to mid elevens i think. Just use your a6 manifold and wiring, hook it up to the sohc vtec head, and bam, youve got a mini me.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:26 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by RicerVtr
yeah, z6 yeilds something like a high nine to one compression ratio and y8 is low to mid elevens i think. Just use your a6 manifold and wiring, hook it up to the sohc vtec head, and bam, youve got a mini me.
So maybe the z6 head would be a better choice for a turbo project(lower compression)?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:10 PM
RicerVtr

Originally Posted by PacificDude
So maybe the z6 head would be a better choice for a turbo project(lower compression)?
depends on how much boost your planning on running. Anything under 8psi with the stock internals(d16 rods break at right around 200hp, freakin pencil thin if you haven't ever seen them) and with that comp ratio on the d16 should be good, it all depends on what kind of fuel management you plan on running, ive seen high ten to one comp ratio turboed fours running over 10 psi with standalones. Good management does wanders. Go to www.homemadeturbo.com there is a couple guys running turbo set ups on there mini-me frank engines, kick ass site btw.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:44 AM
civicdxhatch

this is a budget bld not a lot of cash i know i need fuel pressure regulater and a new fuel pump we have the home grown sittin at the shop waiting to either be put on my bros hatch or on my wagon hey kei a couple weeks ago you gave me the address for a wagon only web site but i didn't write it down what is it again thanks