Notices

OH SNAP!!! i just got a EF, 91 civic std hatchback, but...........

Old 09-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Mackenzie C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OH SNAP, I NEED HELP!!! i just got a EF, 91 civic std hatchback, but...........

got it for 260$. it has a new starter, clutch, and axels. but i think the fuel pump is out. because it cranks but no vroom, spark and ertang ish fine, so fuel pump. i did some testin already, regulator is fine, so the prob is in the back. these cars have intank fuel pumps right? and how do i get to it? take out the back seats and dig in? i would like to get this car runnin as soon as possible. and how do i post pics? do i need the pic on another site? if so cant put em up. anyways much help ish needed
Old 09-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Mackenzie C

cmon i need help
Old 09-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Adler

Default here

http://www.acute.f9.co.uk/crx/downloads/downloads.htm

go there and grab the service manual, it'll tell you all you need to know
Old 09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Adler

Default the sad part is

pulling the seat and doing it isnt an option, the pump is at the back of the tank. the whole tank has to come off. how did you test your regulator?
Old 09-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Mackenzie C

Originally Posted by Adler
pulling the seat and doing it isnt an option, the pump is at the back of the tank. the whole tank has to come off. how did you test your regulator?
i like unplugged the fitting goin to the injectors and i went to go start it up, and if the fuel pump worked a bunch of gas would have flowed through right? but it didnt so im guessing its dead. what you have to take out the tank? from the bottom? cuz i dont think i wanna do all that, so it is possible to do it from inside the car? and i grabbed a repair manual.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Adler

Default nope

on teh pre-88's i think you coudl do it from the inside, but not anymore. check to see if you even have power to the fuel pump. or you may even have a bad main relay. cheaper and easier than a pump. it'll tell you how to test it in the manual. oh and grab both of them, the suppliment, even though its not for your motor, it still has info on testing alot of stuff on the car.

read this

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troub.../aa010301a.htm
Old 09-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Mackenzie C

yeah i have to check if the pump is gettin power. bad main relay?
Old 09-18-2004, 06:27 PM
A_PHOBIA

if your main relay is out it wont give your fuel pump any power.try to fire it up in the night or when its pretty cool out side if it starts at night and not during the day thats prolly it.but thats just a long shot.open the door and put ur key into the 2 position.listen for the fuel pump to come on.there about 40 bucks from napa.and about $65 new from honda.its under the dash and near the door frame.there is a write up here.www.fourthgenhatch.com that should be about it.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Mackenzie C

yeah i tried the door open thing and the pump doesnt come on
Old 09-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Mackenzie C

one more thing (non fuel related), does anybody have stock shocks and springs layin around, cuz this car is low as piss, and winter is bout to come so i need something i could drive. or what should i do just buy new shocks and springs?