Notices

reverse lights on auto to manual swap

Old 09-04-2004, 06:55 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse lights on auto to manual swap

hmm i dunno how to hook up the reverse lights for the swap, the extra box on the passenger side of the harness isnt there so wehre do the yellow and green wires hook up to
Old 09-05-2004, 05:08 AM
TwztdSi

There should be some wires coming off of the tranny that the reverse lights hook up too.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:33 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

yeah i know that much but my car was an automatic and the only wire going to the tranny is 1 yellow wire
Old 10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

can someone get me a wiring diagram or something so i can wire up some reverse lights
Old 10-27-2004, 05:12 PM
augy

You may want to consider an alldatadiy subscription. Costs 25 bucks for a year and you get all the wiring diagrams (and alot more). However, it doesn't contain ANY procedures. Which is ass. But nonetheless, it's worth considering and it's reliable.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:41 AM
ajusaf

how hard was to do the swap? i have a 1990 dx auto. like to put a hf model tranny
Old 10-29-2004, 04:51 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

the swap wasnt much , unhook the wiring harness on each side of the motor and all the lines pull out the motor, unbolt the tranny which i believe are 17mm and take off the torque conveter, then the flexplate, bolt the flywheel the bolts are just like the flexplate except there a little bit longerput the clutch on with an allignment tool put the pressure plate on bolt the tranny on i made the rear tranny mount by drilling out welds on it and breaking the side peice off and mounted it the next space over, you will need the side tranny mount, the pedal assembly is a bitch to get in because of the top bolt, for the linkage i hade to drill 2 holes where it bolts in, make a jumper on the automatic shifter plugin to keep it in park so u get the key out, and bypassed the clutch safety swich by jumping the large plugs that are on the fuse box
Old 10-29-2004, 06:52 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

First off, trace the wire down to your reverse lights in the back, and see if that single wire is hot or ground, usually it's ground for light switches.

Then:

Hook your reverse light wire to one of the reverse light switch's wires on the tranny [doesn't matter], and hook the other one to ground [or battery + if it's a hot wire, use a fuse if this is the case]. Viola, you have reverse lights.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:50 PM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

thanx for the nfo ill probley hook up the reverse lights to the accesory wire on the stereo the one that luminates the stock deck