Notices

Radiator Help!!!!!

Old 08-31-2004, 11:57 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Help!!!!!

Ok well last night on the way home from work I hit a Propane can that was in the middle of the interstate...Luckily it did not explode....But anyways I pulled over to the side of the Interstate and checked my vehicle and it appeared fine except for when I looked under the hood of my car and there was radiator fluid all over my damn engine so I was like wtf and I checked the radiator and did not find any cracks in it or anything at the time and was just thinking that it came from the cap; so I drove it home. Well this morning I go and check it and come to find out there is a crack at the top of the radiator oh about 1 to 2 inches long give or take. Now I was wondering if I was to seal it up with some metal filler would it work and for how long and will I be able to drive like it is for about 2 weeks till I get another radiator without it overheating and losing any fluids???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2004, 12:12 PM
S2Kev

If the metal part of the radiator is damaged, you might be able to get it welded at a radiator shop. Or you can just try JB Weld. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I fixed the radiator in a K-car with duct tape before (cracked endtank.) It held for weeks. :chuckles:

Seriously. h:
Old 09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Originally Posted by Kai
I fixed the radiator in a K-car with duct tape before (cracked endtank.) It held for weeks. :chuckles:

Seriously. h:

Well you know what they say IF YOU CANT DUCT IT THEN **** IT!!!!

:rofl: